Re: To Cap Or Not

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:04:57 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
<rhtaylor(at)students.wisc.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: rhtaylor(at)students.wisc.edu <rhtaylor(at)students.wisc.edu>
>I've seen conflicting information on this and would appreciate some
>clarification. To build proper web pages, when should I be capitalizing
>tags and when shouldn't I?

Copy and paste out of the hwg mailing list archives (search words: lower
case, upper case):

"If you want to begin preparation for using and viewing XML
(extensible markup language) <http://www.xml.com/pub/98/10/guide0.html>,
XHTML (extensible hypertext markup language)
<http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Languages/XML/XHTML/>, and other
emerging languages, then be wise and follow these basic rules:

1. Create well-formed documents (no sloppy coding, no illegal nesting
of tags, symmetrical forming of beginning and ending tags)
2. Element and attribute names must be in lowercase
3. All attributes must be quoted
4. End tags are required in non-empty elements (close any elements
that contain data: ie, </p>)

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service"