Re: Re; How to remove the underline on links

by "Jason Daniel Henderson" <jasonh(at)hic.net>

 Date:  Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:54:23 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Jason Daniel Henderson wrote:

> > Just add style="text-decoration:none" to your link code.  ie. <.a
> > href="./" target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none">Link</.a>
> > This won't affect any hover coding either.  This works in IE & NS.  I
> > recommend only removing
> > underlines for sections that are clearly navigational areas.  Hope that
> > helps.

> Just for the record, the content of the style attribute is CSS, so this
> is still a style sheets solution.

It doesn't matter.  She needed a simple solution to remove underlines and
she got it regardless of the method.  I helped her fix the problem instead
of just preaching.

> The style attribute is the poorest way of incorporating CSS into your
> page. As with <.font>, you're embedding style information into the HTML
> code. It's much cleaner to define all of your style information with the
> <.style> tag in the head section, or to include it from a .css file.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that the
style attribute WORKS and is the easiest and quickest way to remove
underlines from a small number of links like the ONE link on Jami's page
that needed the underline removed.  Jami's problem is solved period.  It is
up to her to take the initiative to learn proper css coding.

Jason