Re: border color

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:16:47 -0500
 To:  "HTML Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Diane,

> http://www.wildernessbutterflies.com
>
> I am trying to change the border color from gray to anything
> on the table with 3 rows in the middle of the page.  No matter
> what color I put in, it still turns out gray. Also, it has two lines
> instead of one.  Any help?

The border color appears white in IE6, and bluish-green in Opera 7.5

I found this in your embedded stylesheet (only snippets shown):
    .back, .back TD, .back TH {
    border-style:solid; color:#185070;

To change the color of the border, you need to use "border-color".
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #185070;

Or just the shorthand property "border":
    border: 3px solid #185070;

The reason for the double border is because you are giving the border
to the table as well as the cell by specifying ".back, .back TD".

BTW, in the TABLE tag for this table, I found border-style:solid;
color:"185070";. To be valid, this must be the value of the 'style'
attribute and cannot be written just by itselt. Additionally, you
specified the color improperly: you must start with a hash #, and do
not use quotation marks.
style="border-style: solid; color: #185070"

Tim