Re: WingDings in the navigation links

by "Ray T. Mahorney" <rmahorney(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:49:13 -0400
 To:  <jtpolk(at)texas.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
From: <jtpolk(at)texas.net>
To: "Ray T. Mahorney" <rmahorney(at)earthlink.net>
Cc: <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: WingDings in the navigation links

> Help me out,  What are wing dings and what are they used for?
> Ray T. Mahorney
> WA4WGA

Wing Dings are a font that substitute symbols for characters. For
instance, Jim is a symbol of an island with a palm tree then a circle
with an ''i'' in it finishing with a man floating in the air.

I NEVER use them in web pages since if for some reason the person does
not have installed or has removed the Wing Ding font, then the sysbols
are replaced with regular letters. Thus those three symbols side by side
would become ''Jim''.

I find such fonts useful sometimes in graphics.

--

Jim Tom Polk -:- jtpolk(at)texas.net -:- http://camalott.com/~jtpolk/
''You might as well fall flat on your face as