Re; How to remove . . .<linked style sheets?>

by "Bert Doorn" <bert(at)betterwebdesign.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:55:32 +0800
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> Second, and this really is a question, not a smart a**ed wise crack: Isn't
> there still some *major* browser support issues for "linked" style sheets?

See http://css.nu/pointers/bugs.html

As far as I can tell from that page, IE3 and NN3 have an issue with it (who
still uses those browsers)?
Other than that, if the host has not set up the proper MIME type for .css
files you may run into problems, not matter WHICH browser is used.

However, if the site is designed to "work" without the css (not to be
confused with "looking the same") does anyone care?  We'd all like "our"
sites to look the same in every browser, on every platform, at every screen
resolution and at all levels of colour depth, but that is mission
impossible.  How long are we, as designers, going to spend lots of time to
support browsers that have been replaced with newer versions?   Just in case
someone somewhere still runs Windows 3.0 with Netscape or IE 2 (or 3)?

--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/