Re: Visitors actually reading text?

by "WoodyBoi" <WoodyBoi(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:24:38 -0500
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I HIGHLY agree with Kate on this...

That has been one thing me and my biz partner
learned this the hard way when we were at
OneStop.com and we continue to learn this
in our own venture.  She does most of the content,
and being at former English Professor, its very
difficult for her not to right at a certain level,
and she is constantly having to rewrite.  I would
agree with an 8th grade reading level.  Again, if your
marketing research tells you they have a higher
education level you can obviously write at a higher
level.  There are exceptions to that rule as well.  For
example, a dental site OneStop was doing, the dentists
have obviously had a high degree of education, but they
still wanted their content short and sweet and to the point.
No only should you do a marketing profile, but I think you
should do a Psyche profile if you will on your target audience.

Just a lil of my input...

Woody
WEE Enterprises