Re: "Loading" message was RE: GREAT SITE

by "=?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?=" <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:49:11 +0300
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Dana and everybody else,
I kind of missed the URL what you mentioned. Generally the "Please wait,
JavaScript checks if the page and all images on it have been loaded, until
they haven't it displays a layer with the text (for example "Loading...").
When the page and all the images have been loaded turns the visibility of
the layer to "hidden." By checking the load status of individual images and
HTML documents you can actually display how much of the page has been
downloaded and how much has to be downloaded (it can be done in percent or
in kb... whatever you choose. I kind of like the "Please wait, Loading..."
solution on the following pages.

http://www.kimble.com  -  done with Flash
http://www.hackers.com  -  done with JavaScript

Just to inform you.

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Get a residual income by earning commissions