Re: new window

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:47:28 -0400
 To:  "Timothy Embler" <multipleimage(at)myrealbox.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> I have a website that I need to have another window open w/ a set size.
> Would javascript be the best way to do that?  Any other suggestions on how
> to do that?

Yes,  JS would be about the only way of doing it without getting into server
side gymnastics.

This method alllows a pop-up window which the viewer can click on, and it
also works if JS is turned off since it has a built-in HTML link. It is
better to allow the viewer to click on a link than it is to present them
with a surprise pop-up.  Remember to remove the period before A HREF which
is there so it displays correctly in HTML capable browsers.

<.A HREF="myfile.htm" ONCLICK="myWindow=window.open
myfile.htm','MyWindow','toolbar=no,width=550,height=350,scrollbars=yes,left=
200,top=0');return false">Click Here</A>

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net