Re: Where is all this NN5 stuff coming from [was: Stationary Background Image}

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jan 2000 01:36:34 -0000
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just  realised I posted this to Sue rather than the list :-).

> What I really really want to know(!) is where Brian is getting all this
"what
> NN5" does stuff. Is there a beta to be had or something? (I've searched
> Netscape's site to no avail.) Or are you just an industrial spy for M$?
<G>

> Sue

LOL. Have a look at http://www.mozilla.org . They are currently on the
Milestone 12 release (sort of pre-beta version) of the Mozilla browser which
is what will become NN5. You can download and install it from there.

It is quite different from NS 4.7 and the current news is that while it is
going to be standards compliant, it is not going to be backwards compatible.
This is mainly concerned with the different ways that IE and NS deal with
DHTML.

(Incidentally, IE 5.5 was on the latest .net cover disk though I haven't had
time to install it yet.)

HTH

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net