Re: Updating Web pages from the browser

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:42:07 -0000
 To:  "Chris Baxter" <cbaxt(at)vafb.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The most common method I know of is one where the pages are built via
templates and the contents come from a data source.  The application is
forms that update the data source.  The two are combined via server side
automation to create the resultant web pages.

You need to:
1 - Determine the automation tools and datasources available at the host.
2 - Architect the pages around these and find code to help you.

If you can give me the answer to question 1 or information on the host, I
can direct you to some possible examples to help you.