Re: form submit button as navigation

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:55:36 -0400
 To:  "V Hansen" <hansen.nfa.umaine(at)apollo.umenfa.maine.edu>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:51 PM 7/31/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>What is the code to use a form submit button as simple navigation?
>At the end of my line of training pages, each with a form submit
>button on it to run the associated scripts, I have a link back to the
>main page.  I'd like that button to look and act just like the
>others.
>Victoria
-----------------------------
Victoria,
you could try (some variation of) this:

<form>
<input type="Button" value="start over" onClick="location.replace('url.html')">
</form>

This will mess up the browser's back button, though, as
"location.replace" replaces the url at the top of the history list,
but it may not matter depending on what you're doing.

If the button must also submit something, you would use a type=submit,
and in the form command use onSubmit="location.replace('urltogoto.html')"

Hope this helps,
jimmy