RE: FP Include (HomeSite comments)

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:03:33 -0400
 To:  "Shaun L. Sides" <arch(at)abts.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:03 AM 8/10/99 -0400, you wrote (and I edited for briefness):

>  I did try Homesite,
>very briefly, when I was first getting up to speed with dreamweaver.
>DW has several cool features built around connectivity with
>Homesite, and I figured that'd be the way to go.
>
>In theory, I like the way Homesite works.  There's a coding view, in
>which you can hand-write your html stuff.  Then there's a wysiwyg
>view, and another view that basically displays the current doc using
>ie's guts.  But, alas, it was pretty hard on my html, and I'm very
>finicky.  I don't want capitalized tags, and seem to have some sort
>of phobia about them, and Homesite didn't want to do things any
>other way.  It would reformat my nicely indented html, causing fury
>to rise up in me.  I don't think I actually did work in it more than
>once.  Very disappointing.
>Shaun L. Sides
-------------------------------
Shaun,
I like lowercase tags, too!

In HomeSite 4.0, menubar Options-Settings-HTML tab
has "Lowercase all inserted tags".

Also there is menubar-Edit-"Convert Tag Case"
which will convert all tags to lowercase.

As someone else mentioned, you can configure HomeSite's CodeSweeper to
indent and capitalize exactly like you want it.

I used to use only Notepad, for reasons similar to what you said,
I don't like the software to mess with my code, even to indent or
capitalize. But after I got HomeSite configured correctly,
I never looked back.

I use HomeSite with DreamWeaver, so I NEVER use HomeSite's WYSIWYG window,
which is, indeed, atrocious! But these two programs, *used together*,
are my favorite tools for writing html.

jimmy