re: Robots and Cookie problems

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:40:01 -0400
 To:  "Rajnish Bhaskar" <9705228b(at)student.gla.ac.uk>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:01 PM 9/29/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>After changing my code to what Jimmy suggested (previous post) it still won't
>set the cookie, I know that the rest of the functions are working, if I
>substitute the document.RajForm.name to a literal string, it works fine,
>but my question is how can I pass the value of the contents of the text
>box called "name" to the cookie?
>If I haven't made myself clear, please email me and let me know.
>
>TIA,
>Raj.

Raj,
Try this. I have set up a "Cookie Maker" page at:
http://www.getyourwebsitehere.com/personal/cookiemaker.html

Go ahead and test it (I tried IE4.0 and NN4.6),
and if it is doing what you want, feel free to view source,
copy and modify the file, or use it to debug yours.
I think it's doing what you're asking.

The javascript I used is based on the CNet article:
http://www.builder.com/Programming/Kahn/111997/

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---