Re: Redirecting after form submission

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:51:31 -0500
 To:  Raymond and Anne Keckler <raymondkeckler(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:00 AM 11/13/99 -0800, you wrote:

>So *how* do I place something in the cgi bin?
>
>Anne
-----------------------
Anne,
This will vary, depending on your webspace provider.

1. Find out if you already have a cgi-bin connected to your webspace.
If you do, you can ftp files into the cgi-bin, just like you ftp upload
files to any webspace. The cgi-bin is just another folder.

2. The files in the cgi-bin must have certain server permissions set
correctly for the programs to execute. Again, how these permissions
get set varies, depending on your webspace provider. Call and ask, or
read the webspace provider's help files. One provider I use automatically
sets the permissions for every file that I upload to the cgi-bin, while
another one I have to call and have the server-owner set them individually.

3. Some webspace providers restrict what you can do with the cgi-bin,
others don't. Again, check with your webspace provider.

But the basic answer to your question is that you put things into your
cgi-bin the same way you upload files to other folders - ftp is most common.

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---
Jimmy Allen (Thomas James Allen)