Re: Forms in Netscape

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 1999 10:52:45 -0500
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:02 AM 12/27/99 EST, you wrote:
>Hi Group,
>
>A little problem I've run into and can't find the answer for.  I have 2 forms
>on my website (http://members.aol.com/reywob/ scroll down first page to see
>them) and they look OK in IE5 and AOL4.  However, when I look at them in
>NN4.6 the input boxes take up the whole width of the table.  Help!  It's
>forcing the submit button onto the line below and making it look really messy.
>
>TIA,
>Peter.
----------------
Peter,
It is true that text boxes in forms come out longer in Netscape.
All you can do is control the length of the boxes with size=, like this,
<input type="Text" name="street" size="40">
Of course, 40 in NN is not equal to 40 in IE (nor equal to 40 on the Mac).
Oh well...!

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---