Re: Problem with HREF tag

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:30:33 -0400
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Michel_C=F4t=E9_=3Cmichelcote=40pandore.qc.ca=3E?=(at)mindspring.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:28 PM 7/28/00 -0400, you wrote and I edited:
>I've got a problem... One of these is located here:
>http://www.webdo3d.com/webdo/
>...The other place where I encounter the same problem is on the
>"M=E9dias" page...
>    Michel

Curious problem!

On "M=E9dias" page, the table which is 95% width is covering up part of the
linked images (but only the first three.) Prove this by making your
background white, table borders everywhere =3D1, and give only the 95% table=
colored background. You'll see this table overlies the links area. (On pc,
on both IE5.5 and NN4.6)

The problem on the first page is similar, though I cannot prove it so
elegantly. The middle table partially overlies the bottom table, because the
break in the link matches the right border of the middle table exactly. (But
only occurs in NN4.6, and not IE5.5!) Putting a <.br> between the tables
removes the problem, though it may ruin your look a bit.

I note your html code is sprinkled with code like 'cool' 'gridx' 'gridy'
'xpos' 'ypos' 'showgridx' 'showgridy'  and so on. This absolute positioning
code put in by WYSIWYG editors like GoLive is not official html, and is not
completely understood (and is mostly ignored) by the browsers. Using "the
grid" for absolute positioning is not guaranteed to give you the same
results everywhere (and I avoid it).=20

Luckily, you should be able to re-code this page without the "junktml" and
achieve the beautiful result you intend. The Cap'n is correct, you've done a
mostly beautiful and impressive job!

jim allen