Re: Link + Anchor in I.E

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Tue, 01 Aug 2000 22:50:56 -0400
 To:  Adrien Zamani <azamani(at)design-matters.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:23 PM 8/1/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Internet Explorer seems to NOT RELOAD the document when I specify a
>Link to the same document with an anchor:
><A HREF="file://...../toto.html#anch>
>(file://...../toto.html is the current document)
>Does somebody know how to force the browser
>to reload the document before going to the anchor ?
>Thanks,
>Adrien
------------------
Try either one of these:

<META Http-Equiv="Pragma" Content="no-cache">

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Mon, 06 Jan 1990 00:00:01 GMT">

I have seen both of these recommended for what you are asking (if I
understand you). However, I'm trying them here at home (IE 5.5, pc) and
neither seems to work! Perhaps that's because I'm not requesting the page
from a server. (Both of these are directives to a server.) Hmmm. Let me know
if one of these works for you (I'm curious). If not, we'll have to work
harder on this one!

Good question!
Jim Allen

P.S. I also recall something about "max-age" in a meta tag, but I can't find
it now. Maybe someone else here knows...