RE: Software for Locking/Hiding HTML

by Brian V Bonini <b-bonini(at)cox.net>

 Date:  03 Jan 2003 08:48:57 -0500
 To:  HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

This is really nothing new, I've been using PHP and JS to encrypt
sections of pages for years. In my case not to hide source but rather to
hide email addresses from email harvesting software. The downside of
this is obviously that your relying on JS, a client side technology, in
part to render the page correctly. And as someone else pointed out, this
is only effective for the casual user.