Re: Alignment

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:24:38 -0400
 To:  "List Basic" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello David, greetings to a neighbor,

> Can someone look at this page and see if they can figure out
> where I went wrong on my alignment.
> http://www.ruff-ryders.org/sitemap.htm

Ah, I see you are referring to the rendering in Internet Explorer;
you should say so. I couldn't figure out what is causing the extra
space, however I wanted to comment on your unnecessary use of
JavaScript for the navigation rollovers. This can easily be done
with a fraction of the markup using CSS, which would greatly
reduce the total file size of the page by reducing the markup and
doing away with both images for every link. The CSS would be
something like this:

td.nav a {
 color: #90C;
 background: black;