Re: save website

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:58:05 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org,
jennw(at)jenniferwynell.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hola Friends:

It was asked:

> I would like to be able to save an entire website from online as I work
>  on the redesign for it. (no copy on disk is available) Is there software
>  that will just do that for me without just going page by page and saving
>  it?

Try these:

SuperBot  (free)
"SuperBot downloads entire websites automatically, and saves them on your
computer. Thanks to SuperBot's HTML rewriting technology, the copied websites
look and feel like the online versions. Unlike other offline browsing tools,
SuperBot is fast, free, and very easy to use."
http://www.sparkleware.com

WebZip (shareware)
"WebZIP offers you a way to download, store, and view Web sites offline. You
can download complete Web sites or choose settings for the depth of
retrieval, file types, page/media locations, and URL filters to fine-tune
your site captures. The sites are stored on your local hard disk in their
native HTML format"
http://www.spidersoft.com/

Don't use them but they seem to have garnered some good reviews...

Enjoy the day!

- Jeff K.