Re: multiple transalations

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:38:25 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> How is the multiple translation feature accomplished on a web
> site using the drop down menus?  For instance, look at
> www.overture.com and at the top left you can choose the desired
> language.  I want to start offering this service

It appears to me that this site has several translations already
made up, with a list of links for each language in a drop-down
menu.

I'm sure Overture manually translated for each language, using
individuals native to or with considerable knowledge of the
language. Automatic translators are not very accurate, and often
produce confusing translations.

Tim