Re: hiding Html from Viewers

by "�Megan �" <peacedream(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:19:06 PDT
 To:  Bayangell(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
as was mentioned in this list earlier, it is not completly full proof, and
you might look in the archives to see all the discussion....
here is one you might find a little helpful although there is a way to get
around it....
<snip of message>
<< It is too bad we cannot shut them out of our code!  >>
You can shut them out of IE, at least, with this code in the head...
<.script>
function click() {
if (event.button==2) {
alert('Sorry, this feature has been turned off.')
}
}
document.onmousedown=click
  <./SCRIPT>

Remove the periods I put after a couple of the brackets first.  This
doesn't
work in Netscape, unfortunately.

Mary O'Connor
<end of snip>