Re: Assistance with style sheets

by "Sean Healy" <jalopeura(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:49:17 AKST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Is there a way to create an external style sheet to make each page in >a
>site a table (with the same format per page)

Theoretically, yes.  You can generate content with CSS, so you could write a
style sheet that would generate the table tags at the beginning of the page,
and the row/cell tags at the beginning of each bloack of text.  It might be
a little tricky, and you have to take into account the fact that no browser
fully supports CSS.

Here's what I would do:
Use the before and after pseudoelements with BODY to generate the table tags
before and after all content.
Then use them with DIV to start and end your rows.
Then use them with P to start and end cells.

A caveat: I've never used the before and after psuedoelements, so I don't
know how well they work.  If you need any help, feel free to write me