Re: Index Page of Directory

by "Sean Healy" <jalopeura(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 1999 09:08:11 AKST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It depends on the server.  Some servers have a particular file they look for
if you specify just a directory.  Some look for exactly one file, some look
for a number of files in a certain order, like index.html, index.htm,
default.html, default.htm, etc.  If one file isn't there, they go on and
look for the second, and so on.

When no file is found, most servers will do one of two things: output a list
of all the files in the directory, or output a message indicating that you
don't have access to the page.