RE: Today's "Statistics"

by "Sean Healy" <jalopeura(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 1999 09:39:10 AKST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
My father keeps his computer on 800x600 because 1)his vision has been
getting poorer and 2)he can't afford a huge monitor (his is 15").  I think
you'll find that a lot of people don't have the big 17" and 19" monitors and
so feel more comfortable with a lower resolution.  I guess we can get them
to make full use of the technology available by paying for it for them.

If you're interested in setting up such a program, you can start with me.
Since I'm still in college, I haven't been able to upgrade my old 14"
monitor (in fact, it's my parents' old monitor-I couldn't even afford a new
monitor when I bought my computer a few years ago).  But I use a 1024x768
resolution just because I think it looks better.  I have a screen magnifier
program for when I run across one of those annoying websites that uses a
10pt (or less) font size.