Re: [Flaming!]

by Joey Gelinas <jgelinas(at)USA.net>

 Date:  20 Dec 99 10:43:01 MST
 To:  "\"putrguru(at)picusnet.com\" <putrguru(at)picusnet.com>" <putrguru(at)picusnet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Eryn, you were not flamed, you were targeted by an autosending E-mail wor=
virus.  Apparently your sender has Outlook or Netscape set up for E-mail.=

When someone receives this virus and clicks on the executable it automati=
cally
sends itself out to everyone in their Netscape and/or Outlook address boo=
k.  =

Whoever you got this from does not know it was sent to you.  Also, whoeve=
r you
got this from needs to clean their system immediately to avoid a system c=
rash
that looks remarkably like a Y2K failure on January 1. =

"Eryn S. Welch" <putrguru(at)picusnet.com> wrote:
To the person who felt it necessary to send me the following e-mail:

>he, your lame client cant read HTML, haha.
> click attachment to see some stunningly HOT stuff
>  << File: ATT00001.html >>  << File: panther.exe >>

1. I was not the person asking for help regarding a disappearing animated=
 =

gif
2. There is no way I will open a .exe file from someone who sends me an =

anonymous e-mail that is addressed from me to me.
3. If you wanted to promote your product ( I found a panther.exe that is =

associated with an encryption company from Canada), you fell short in =

swaying me, or anyone I know to your side.

Please do not flame me, or anyone for that matter, for any postings to th=
is =

mail list.
Eryn

************************************************************************ =
 =

**********************************
THERE ARE NO EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE, ONLY ORDINARY PEOPLE WHO DO =

EXTRAORDINARY THINGS WITH WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN!
************************************************************************ =
 =

   -:    ;   :      _/|      :        Joey Gelinas     =

    :   /     :   =3D/'_/     :       JGelinas(at)USA.net   =

    :--'       `._/ /     .'     http://surf.to/joeyroo
    :       (   /  ,|...-'            ICQ #1049926     =