Re: 216 Netscape colors, a limitation, NOT!

by "S. Beach" <sabrina_beach(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 06:20:22 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Christopher Higgs <cjhiggs(at)mail.mpx.com.au>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've never used fireworks, so I"m sorry to say I can't answer that
for ya.  ;)  I use Photoshop (and sometimes Paint Shop Pro) to create
the image.  In fact, i have a PSD file with nothing but different
combinations of solid colors and what I call the "grid" overlay so I
can test a variety of combinations.  Easier to find the right colors
that way.

--skb

--- Christopher Higgs <cjhiggs(at)mail.mpx.com.au> wrote:
> G'Day Sabrina,
>
> At 05:56 am 3/01/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >If you are creating a background image, whether it be textured, a
> >simple sidebar, or a large graphic, you can combine two
> browser-safe
> >colors in a checkerboard pattern to create a new color.  The
> >individual pixels are so close together that they look like a new
> >color.
>
> Is it Fireworks that does this automatically?  I know I've seen the
> feature
> demonstrated in one of the graphics programs.
>
> Chris

=====
Lansdale Computer, Rochester, NY

Check out our newest sites!