Re: Domain Email Question

by "Michele Nagel" <michelen215(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Jun 2000 20:39:39 EDT
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org, sandy(at)sannicron.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Another excellent free ISP is Freewwweb.  There is no advertising on their
service, the only requirement is that you keep their homepage as your
homepage.  Not a big deal for free.  I believe their web address is
www.freewwweb.com

Michele
CJ Internet Design
www.cjinternetdesign.com

But, you know that a person can
use the free Internet access providers and have e-mail too.  I signed up
with
bluelight.com (the K-Mart/Yahoo freebie) just to try it out.  You have to
bear
with the ads, etc., but you do have free internet access plus e-mail.  Just
go to
www.bluelight.com and download their s/w.  I believe you can even request a
CD.
Hope my input is of some use.

Caryl M.

Jim Tom Polk wrote:

 > Do a search of AOL. In there (buried) is information on how she can
 > access AOL through a standard ISP account. That way she can still use
 > AOL's features, but also have ''standard'' Internet access. There is a
 > price drop (usually important) for accessing AOL without using their
 > hardware to access AOL/Internet.
 >
 > I work for an ISP who has connections in rural areas that AOL does not
 > have a POP (Point of Presense) and this is how these folks get access to
 > AOL.
 >
 > We also have folks who simple LIKE AOL but don't like AOL's hardware to
 > get onto the Internet Superhighway. It sometimes happens that a customer
 > who can only access AOL at 28.8 (or less) can get higher with us, and
 > sometimes the opposite. There are weird things that happen at the phone
 > company (grin).
 >
 > Anyway, check it out: your client can have the cake and eat it too with
 > and keep the price increase down.
 >
 > > We've registered her domain and selected a hosting service.  The
problem is
 > > sending and receiving her domain email.  AOL is her only internet
service,
 > > and I can't figure out a way to get her email.  If she connects to the
 > > internet through AOL and uses software software such as Eudora,
Pegasus,