Re: Run time error??

by "Susan Vollmer" <susanvollmer(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:18:34 CDT
 To:  christopherm(at)chartertn.net,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>From: christopherm <christopherm(at)chartertn.net>

>I make my pages in Notepad and when going back to them to edit I get an
>error trying to open the text file.
>
>I get an I.E. script error saying that an error has occurred to the
>script on this page.  That is followed by:
>Line: 244
>Char: 4
>Code: 0

<snip>

When I used Notepad to write HTML code, my understanding was the file should
always be saved and edited with the extension ".htm" (or "html") not ".txt"
or ".htt" such as your example above.

HTML is one scripting language from a broad category of SGML (Standard
Generalized Markup Language).  Because of browsers that support multiple
generalized markup languages, the file type should be identified as htm.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Susan V.