Re: Javascript class

by kalyani deshpande <kalyanideshpande(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:57:12 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org,
ndoylend(at)geocities.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Nicholas,

I have just finished taking the Javascript course from
HWG. Honestly, I don't think I would have had the
discipline to learn it if I would have done it on my
own. The class introduces you to the most popular
concepts fairly quickly.
However, one word of caution though, the book the
instructor assigned - Reilly's Guide - was not very
useful. It is more of a reference book than something
you can learn from. Also, if you do not have a
programming background, get ready to do some
additional research on the internet about basic
concepts.
All in all, I enjoyed it - it's a great class for a
great price.

Best,
Kalyani

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:31:47 +0100
From: "Nicholas Doylend" <ndoylend(at)geocities.com>
Subject: HWG Courses

I'm thinking of signing up for one of the Flash
courses, and possibly a
Javascript course, that HWG run.  Does anyone have any
experience of
their courses?  They are much cheaper than traditional
taught courses
here in the UK, but are they genuinely useful?  Your
comments please.
Thanks,  Nick Doylend

=====
"The fragrance always stays