Re: Graphics Program

by "Susan Vollmer" <susanvollmer(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:28:20 CDT
 To:  kejones(at)erols.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ken,

The only graphics type program which I have used for web design is Fireworks
3.0.  It enables you to manipulate text for special effects, such as
different directions,  a beveled look and it does a good job holding the
resolution when text is placed on a photo.  It also has photo editing
capabilities.  It's more like a scaled back Photo Shop without as many
choices in filters or editing tools.

Regardless of the software you ultimately choose, you may want to consider
taking college classes part time.  I do this in the evenings to learn
quicker, plus I receive the advantage of being able to buy software cheaper
as a student.  This varies based on the college and its bookstore.

I ordered the Dreamweaver Studio which has Fireworks 3.0 and Dreamweaver (an
html editor) for $150 with the academic discount from an online Academic
Superstore,

http://www.adwonline.com

I provided proof that I was in college and received the software with no
problem.

Hope this helps.  Regards,
Susan V.
'You can kill a person but you can't kill the belief in a good idea.'
http://www.fallenmartyrs.com