Re: Nested Tables (was: mouseover on strike/Table question)

by Bill Costlow <atlatyl(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Dec 2000 01:51:43 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Ted Temer <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
HWGBASICS <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > And, don't forget the US Government -- I can't
> remember what my relative
> > said, NN 3.0+ or IE 3.0+ was the latest *approved*
> version -- she's a
> > contractor for the military.

I believe there is a misunderstanding here -- some
browser versions have had security loopholes and using
those can create a problem.  In the military this is
always a concern for obvious reasons.

In general, one has only to look at any of the
military homepages to see that they implement
javascript, nested tables and CSS.  In fact, section
508 accessability guidlines tend to require compliance
with the latest browser innovations.

Army policy on the Internet standards follows
specifications listed by the World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C).
see:http://www.army.mil/webmasters/DA_Web_Guidance.htm
for more information.

SFC Bill Costlow