Re: NN6 and radio buttons

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:19:57 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- John Starkey <jstarkey(at)advancecreations.com> wrote:
> Anyone know what the attrib is to default to unchecked with radio
> buttons. NN6 seems to check the first option by default.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

The option you want is "checked", which sets the radio button to, well,
checked.

Three radio buttons, the second of which should be selected by default.

< input type="radio" name="first" value="a">
< input type="radio" checked
name="first" value="b">
< input type="radio" name="first" value="c">

I tested this on NN 4.76 & 6, and IE 5, all for Macintosh. In all of
them, _none_ of the radio buttons defaulted to selected (checked)
unless I included the "checked" attribute in the HTML.

Oh, yeah, you can see my test at
http://www.scanalytics.com/webtest/radiotest.html (yeh, yeh, corporate
site). Thanks, I hadn't played with radio buttons much recently.

If this doesn't answer your question, please post a url or your HTML.

hth,

=====
Michael Greisman
Webmaster