Re: NN6 and radio buttons

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:07:14 -0800 (PST)
 To:  HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Confronted with a form where first radio button is erroneously checked,

 John Starkey <jstarkey(at)advancecreations.com> wrote:
> www.advancecreations.com/blug/vote.php
>
> It's doing it on my end. Would anyone mind checking for me? I'm using
> mac,
> linux, but not Windoze. Both of the two above did the same thing. The
> top
> one (radio button) is checked and get's submitted with the form.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Complex wrote:
> <snip>

Looking at your source code, I found two or three things that are
wrong. Hopefully, they're causing the problem. :-)

1) I didn't find an opening form tag, < form>, though there is a close
form tag.

2) a lot of tags end with a space and slash before the greater-than
symbol: " />"

3) In the radio button code, there wasn't any space between the name
attributes and the preceding attribute. For all I know, this doesn't
matter at all.

Form looks remarkably good despite those things. Hopefully, when you
coerce your script to write better code, the radio button problem will
go away. Sorry I couldn't play with it, but I had a devil of a time
copying the HTML -- perhaps cuz I'm viewing with N6, as good a
scapegoat as any.

=====
Michael Greisman
Webmaster