Re: Netscape 6 bashing

by Ken Lanxner <klanxner(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:51:28 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 2/11/01 at 06:36 PM, Raj Bhaskar <raj(at)lordofthemoon.com> wrote:

> Why is there all this negativity over Netscape 6?  I've had it running
> quite happily for a couple of months now on a Windows NT4 Server
> (don't ask!) without any real problems at all.  Okay, so it's quite
> slow to start up (which is the main reason that I haven't installed it
> on my P166 at home) but I've found it at least as stable (if not more
> so) than NN4.x.  Have I just been lucky?

I haven't had any stability problems with NN6/Mac. It does take forever
to start up. And then it takes another long while even after loading
before the menus can be activated (??!). But it never crashes. There are
a lot of pages that break in NN6 but as long as my client's sites work
in that browser, then I'm OK with it. :-)

Ken

http://www.thirdlives.com
ThirdLives Web Design

http://simplelives.com