Re: JavaScript question

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:25:24 -0800 (PST)
 To:  ppajunen(at)primary.net,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I sure don't know the answer to your question, but I know where I'd
begin:

a) If you don't get an answer here, try asking in the HWG-Languages
group, which specializes in programming languages like JavaScript.

b) JSP stands for Javascript Server Pages, right? Never used them. BUT
I have used forms to submit information to server-side programs (CGIs),
and I'd bet that you need to do something similar.

So look into whatever JSP manuals you have and see how to submit
information from a form. (Please forgive me if I'm covering stuff you
already know!!) With form submissions to CGIs, this generally looks
like <form action="../cgi/PerlScript.cgi" method="post">. Then the
attribute of the form (the named fields and their values) get sent to
the file named in Action.

I would *guess* that you need to do something similar.

I hope that helps, which would be amazing since I don't know JSP from a
brick,

Complex

--- Pam Pajunen <ppajunen(at)primary.net> wrote:
> I've just recently begun learning JavaScript and have come up against
> project I don't know how to complete.  I have a screen that allows
> the user
> to scan in a barcode and click done.  That data is then input into a
> box on
> the jsp page that will search for the record once Submit is clicked.
>
> The desire is to search immediately when the user clicks Done.  I
> know
> absolutely nothing about jsp and not enough about JavaScript to
> quickly come
> up with a solution.  I've checked some of the JavaScript sites to see
> if
> there's anything out there that can help me, but I'm not seeing
> anything.
>
> I'd appreciate some advice!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pam Pajunen