Re: nested tables and Netscape

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  28 Feb 2001 16:50:00 -0000
 To:  james(at)e-bunnell.com,
"hwg-basics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:35 PM 2/26/01 -0800, James R. Bunnell wrote:
>I have been using NS 6.01 lately and there is one site
>that I have this type of problem with. Their webmaster
>told me the same type of thing, that because the
>majority of Internet users are using MSIE, they will
>develop for the majority. And they said "too bad."
>
>Go figure. So when I go to this site, I use MSIE 5.5
>instead of NS 6.01.

I think this is just plain lazy. If you run across a blank page in NN or
NS, do a view source -- if the words are there, then it's probably a broken
table.

If the site is fine in all but NS 6.01, then, yeah, there are some strange
things going on there and do a view source -- if they're smart enough to
use a DTD and it's 4.01 trans, well, hopefully they will figure it out
soon. Whether or not you want to *suggest* they do something about the site
is up to you.

But, yes, the pocket book rules and these people that tell /you/ that you
don't have a clue are the ones that are clueless and too lazy to keep an
eye on their *work.* So, don't do business with them. And, you may want to
mention your problems to your friends and relatives so they too can shop
and conduct business elsewhere.

Yeah, I have some sites that work better in IE, but that's what the
customer wants. The customer knows that's the case. And at least the site
is visible and somewhat operational in NN. O.k., now that I've shot off my
big mouth, I better go see if it's at least serviceable in NS 6.01 and if
it's not, well, I'll deal with it.

Umm, folks, how's your stats looking on Netscape 6?  this guy is tight,
real tight and sometimes, economics do get in my way too. I don't want any
*official statistics* because there really aren't any, just kind of a guy
reaction as to what you're seeing right now. I guess I'm looking for a
deadline on fixing something that this guy may not pay for and you know
it's gonna be my fault anyway. Why do I love this work????

8-)

Tamara