Re: Table alignment problem

by Ken Lanxner <klanxner(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:30:42 -0800
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 3/1/01 at 07:12 AM, Captain F.M. O'Lary <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net> wrote:

> Indeed I do believe that 3.2 is the most widely supported dtd at this
> time. Granted, I seiously doubt you will get a lot of <4.X browsers on
> your (by design) multi-media sites, you are far more likely to see
> those browsers hitting public information and academic information
> sites.

> I for one am seeing more "third world" visitors hitting my sites, I'm
> have to believe that in many parts fo the world they are just
> *beginning* the (approximately) same type of "digital revolution" we
> have seen in the more "modernized and civilized" countries over the
> last few years.

Yes, but newcomers to the Web -- whether from lesser-developed regions
or the poorest pockets of North America -- do not necessarily start at
the very beginning. They are not accessing the Web via Netscape 2.0,
despite the common perception. Much of the Internet growth in these
regions is in universities, schools, and community centers where you
will typically find mostly donated or grant-purchased iMacs and PCs with
IE5 installed.

I know this from what I read but also from stats on my own
public/academic information site.

Ken

http://www.thirdlives.com
ThirdLives Web Design