Re: Word HTML

by Heather Clark <iris777888(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am soooo glad someone suggested this!

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2000/htmlfilter.aspx

I was amazed with the way the HTML filter tool cleaned
up the word document HTML. Its not perfect, but is
130% better than normal save as HTML code. I did a
test saving a document both ways. They are identical,
in each browser I tried. The version that is filtered
still has a lot of stylesheet code, but is in every
other way pretty simple. I definitely recommend it to
people who are using the current save as HTML option.
I agree with others that using Word as an HMTL editor
is generally bad, but for people that are doing it
already anyway, this will be fantastic.