Re: Text Editors WAS Re: Frontpage FTP

by Heather Clark <iris777888(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I started in 1997 using Notepad. Now I prefer to use
Homesite for writing code by hand, but it costs. I've
found the next best thing, which I use now at work
since we don't have the funds, is Evrsoft's First Page
2000. Its available online at http://www.evrsoft.com/.
I have no complaints with it whatsoever. There are
four different modes, so that you can choose to have
quick buttons, tag lists etc. to help you if you want
to. I use it in Hardcore mode. Its reference section
is nice too. That alone makes it worth checking out
for a person new to web page creation. You get
explanations of all the HTML tags, how to use CSS,
SSI, etc.

I also use dreamweaver, but mainly because when I
manage a site into the thousands of pages, I need
something to help control the site structure and
update all the pages at once. Hopefully someday I'll
trade it in for a CMS using PHP. It has some nice
capabilities though for checking links site wide,
updating all links to a page when you change the name
of it, etc.

Heather