Re: copyright question

by JC1654(at)aol.com

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jul 2000 13:30:06 EDT
 To:  Todd_R_Hampson(at)nbc.gov,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 7/3/00 10:39:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Todd_R_Hampson(at)nbc.gov writes:

> I remember a while back someone was asking about copyrigting because their
>  artwork was stolen. I'm not starting that chain up again but was wondering
> if
>  anyone knows how to get a business logo and other artwork nationally or
>  internationally copyrighted. And is copyright the same as trademark?

Todd,

I just did a quick search on copyright and trademarks, and came up with these
sites. I haven't looked at them yet, but they should get you on the right
track:

    http://www.uspto.gov/

    http://www.fplc.edu/tfield/ipbasics.htm

    http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/trademark.html