Re: WAYYY Off Topic

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:24:01 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hola Friends:

It was written:

> My suggestion would be to enquire locally with non-profit
>  organizations, schools or perhaps churches or other organizations
>  that could possibly use them in 3rd world situations.  I don't
>  know if that software could actually be utilized except for those
>  orgs that would be using PC's that are 386's and 486's but it
>  might be worth a try.

Check into the Cristina Foundation
http://www.cristina.org

It's a non-profit that accepts hardware from 486's and up.  Not sure about
software but if they don't accept it, they might give you a lead as to where
you can donate.
It's not old technology to someone who has nothing to begin with....  :-)

- Jeff K.