Re: CSS validation problems

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:55:22 -0600
 To:  <ben(at)mudmail.co.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:44 PM 1/15/00 -0000, Ben @ TheNetZone wrote:
Hello Ben!

>Because I don't want to specify a background colour (I already have a
>background image), is there any way to specify a null value for each of
>these.

Wouldn't it be easier to set the bgcolor one time in the style sheet, and
be done with it?  If you don't specify a background color, most current
browsers display a default or user difined color anyway, so you get the
same effect.  All things considered, setting it yourself becomes an
advantage.  There is lots of info on using color on the Web.  Here's an
AltaVista link to get you pointed, if you are interested.

<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&sc=on&q=psychology%2C+color&kl=
XX&stype=stext>

>I've seen people use a bgcolor and a bgimage before and the bgimage
>overrides the bgcolor after it has loaded. Would this be the solution?
>Specify a background-color but the background-image overrides it anyway?

IMHO, yes.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Ben Bradley UK

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
E-Mail: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
WWW: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/