Re: screen shots

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Mon, 07 Feb 2000 08:59:24 -0600
 To:  "M Lessar Jr" <rfd246(at)bigfoot.com>,
"HTML GUILD" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:41 AM 2/7/00 -0500, M Lessar Jr wrote:

Hi Mike!

Yes, there are some utilities to do what you need.  But Windows has a
built-in screen-capture feature.  To create an image of your whole screen,
press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard.  This will copy the entire
image on your monitor to the clipboard.  Then, open your favorite graphics
program, open a new file, then go to Edit | Paste, and presto!, there's
your image!  Then, you just go File | Save As... and name it, and save it
in whatever format you want (limited by whatever your graphics program
allows). You can restrict what gets copied to the clipboard by pressing
Alt+Print Screen to capture only the active window.  Good luck!

>can someone please tell me how to take a screen shot and save it as a gif,
>or jpeg.
>
>Is there a software product or something else.
>
>Mike

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
E-Mail: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
WWW: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/