Re: color problems

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:02:51 -0500
 To:  "Stephanie Thrasher" <sjthrasher(at)jps.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ya'll...

Just my .02 here...

Try opening your image, then open its pallette...replace one of the colors
on the existing pallette with the EXACT color that you need to match your
background. In PSP, I believe it's Tools|Pallette|Edit...

Good luck!

Mike

At 04:11 PM 4/15/00 -0700, Stephanie Thrasher wrote:
>I'm not an expert on this, but I think the problem is that you saved the
>logo as a16-color image, and that was as close as it could be.  I'm not sure
>though, because when I use PSP5 to save it as 16 colors, I end up with a
>color much closer to the original.
>
>Stephanie
>

><snip>I'm in the process of setting up a new web page and am experiencing
>problems getting the color in the logo (a simple B&W drawing filled with
>color) and the bar below it (filled table background) to come out in the
>same color--even though I use the same color from the same color chart (I'm
>using Fireworks2 for the Mac.)
>
>I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
>
>http://www.parkwaychevrolet.net/index.html
>http://www.parkwaychevrolet.net/index1.html </snip>

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
E-Mail: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
WWW: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/