Re: Style?

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:07:31 -0500
 To:  "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>,
"hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Steve and Group!

Jeepers! I guess I've read this same info a hundred times, and it just now
had the "weight" for me that it should have had I been paying attention
before. My pages are literally saturated with font tags, and this approach
would certainly make it much easier! Thanks, Steve!

Mike

At 12:44 AM 4/19/00 -0400, Steven Antonio wrote:
>> Is there a way to assign font properties to the beginning of a page
>without
>> using  an external stylesheet?
>
>Yes.  Use the HTML element <style> and the CSS language in the head of your
>page. Here's an example:
>
><head>
><!--
>   h1 { color: red; font-style: italic }
>   p  { color: blue; font-family: Arial, sarif; font-size: 12pt }
>   -->
></head>
>
>The <meta> tag shown is not necessary but recommended.  You can use as many
>the <style> element.  These are necessary for older browsers that do not
>support the <style> element.  This will keep the <style> element's contents
>from being shown (rendered) on your page.  If your page also uses an
>external style sheet, any styles declared in the head of your page will
>override the external style sheet.
>
>Steve Antonio
>santonio(at)delanet.com

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
E-Mail: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
WWW: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/