Re: Opppps/tiled border?

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Tue, 02 May 2000 18:56:36 -0500
 To:  Lori Eldridge <lorel(at)ior.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lori!

You might try re-creating the background image, making its height enough to
hold one of your blackbird images, and its width 1400. Paste your bird
image on the left edge, about where you want it. It will tile right down
the page, and you'll have your blackbirds along the left edge.

There are probably other ways to go about this; this is just my suggestion.
Good luck!

Mike

At 11:05 AM 5/2/00 -0700, Lori Eldridge wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Sorry I had the url wrong. I forgot I changed it to allow for future pages:
>
>http://www.terrytrueman.com/ttlit/morepoe1.html
>
>Lori
>
>I am working on a page of poetry for a client. I have a background of grey
brick with a table set up in two columns, with a border of black birds on
the left and the poems on the right.  However, there are 15 poems on the
page which makes the bird border very long also, so I have to use
multitudes of copies of the birds on a long page. I'm wondering if there is
any way to tile the border, i.e., make it a background within the one table
column and if so, will this work on all browsers?