Re: tables and image align.

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Tue, 09 May 2000 23:20:06 -0500
 To:  "Shelley Watson" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Shelly!

Would you be able to send us a URL...I for one would be interested in
looking at your problem. Offhand, though, you probably have some "orphan"
carriage returns between your img tags. Just a quick guess, but a very
common problem.

Mike

At 12:53 PM 5/9/00 -0700, Shelley Watson wrote:
>My newbie question of the week :)
>
>I'm working on a page where I have designed a top and side bar
>with the side bar (top has company name & logo, side has the
>navigational section.)  Because the top curves down on the left
>hand side to the side bar I have broken the image into three
>gifs.   Now I'm trying to align all three gifs with tables so
>that there is a seamless integration (hah!).  I have written
>attributes such as table border, cellpadding, cellspacing as
>zero, image border as zero and have spent some time looking for
>resources on this type of layout with no luck.  How does one get
>rid of that white space default around the image?
>
>TIA
>
>Shelley
>shelleyw@home
>
>"After climbing a great hill,
>one only finds that there
>are many more hills to climb."
>-----Nelson Mandela

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
E-Mail: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
WWW: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/