Re: Problem with Tables....

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:18:20 -0500
 To:  John Rougeau <JRouge(at)jlc.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello John!

I believe your problem rests in the [valign=middle] attribute in your first
table row declaration. The first table data cell contains the table with
your navigation buttons, which are always the same height. However, your
second table data cells, for the various pages, vary in length, and hence,
their length determines the overall length of your master table, thus
pulling your menu down or pushing it up, depending upon whether the second
cell contains more or less text than the one before or after it. Make sense?

IMHO, perhaps if you changed your valign attribute to "top", things might
work out better. You could always use a transparent .GIF as the first image
in your navigation menu, and size it to the exact height that you want so
that your first menu graphic is exactly where you want it.

Happy HTMLing...

Mike