Re: Push script

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:24:27 -0500
 To:  "Erin Parker" <erin(at)bizzbizz.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Erin !

Seems to me that email is about the same number of mouse-clicks as
ftp...however, what the customer wants, the customer gets...

You can set up a cron file. Here are a couple of links to get you headed in
the right direction:

<http://www.nerc-online.com/support/www/crontab.html>
<http://www.gdn.net/help/crontab_howto.html>

Happy HTMLing,

Mike

At 11:04 AM 8/20/00 -0700, Erin Parker wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know of a way to have a data file emailed lets say daily from a
>web server ? I have a file that collects data via a cgi script .  I  don't
>want to have to ftp to the server every day to check the contents.  Is there
>a way to auto email it to me instead?
>
>thanks,
>Erin
>Erin Parker
>Erin(at)BizzBizz.com
>415-456-6765
>http://www.BizzBizz.com
>http://www.Vaxa.com/31379

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
email: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
www: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/